|One of the most important "civilian" buildings in Cortina d’Ampezzo, next to the old Town hall. The building shows the typical style of 18th century Austrian housing in its pavilion roof, its moulded eaves cornice, and the absence of balconies.
Originally, the building was created to house the local school thanks to dean Rudiferia who convinced the Town council in 1825. The construction was completed in 1827. In 1868, it had already become too small for the number of pupils and an additional floor was built to accommodate all the students of the local "Popular School" until the new primary school, next to the parish house, was inaugurated in 1938. Since 1957, it has been the seat of the Regole d’Ampezzo, the mountain family communities who have managed the Ampezzo territory throughout the centuries.
Between 1971 and 1972, the Ciasa de ra Regoles was completely renovated inside. The roof and the frescoes were restored in 1999-2000, its façades are decorated with the coats of arms of the Ampezzo Regole.
The building hosts the Mario Rimoldi Modern Art Museum.